Please send your resume with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Waterproofing/Building Envelope Consultant
LJP Construction Services is a results-driven company of real estate experts possessing substantial direct development, construction, and management experience in a wide variety of residential product types. We serve the building industry in a variety of housing types, from low density, single-family detached homes to moderately dense townhouses and condominiums, and also mid- and high-rise buildings. The extent of our market covers projects throughout the United States.
Summary: Manages projects for the Pre-Construction Team by following duties outlined below.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
• Perform building envelope plan reviews from start to finish with minimal supervision and is responsible for addressing client follow up requests, questions, and necessary updates to meet client expectations. Including conference calls, in-person meetings, email correspondence, etc. Requires intimate knowledge of construction, assemblies and details; ability to read and dissect plans, specifications and or/consultant reports
• Acts as the waterproofing and/or envelope consultant at local job sites representing LJP. Will travel to various job sites (Southern California) for a variety of tasks including existing conditions documentation, pre- and during construction meetings, waterproofing consulting, and design meetings
• During field visits; should be able to comment and recommend on assemblies being built. Visits could also include verification and/or discussion of envelope related RFIs, shop drawings, and submittals
• Works with Director to follow up on project status and coordinating field visits
• 50% of job is in the office, 50% on the field
• To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook; Adobe Acrobat, Bluebeam.
• Bachelor’s Degree (B.A./B.S.) – preferred in Architecture, Construction, Civil Engineering or related field and 10 years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Experience in waterproofing, consulting, envelope consulting, inspections highly desirable